North Richland Hills city council meeting February 13, 2017
Executive session items
1.Consultation with city Atty. about pending litigation or settlement offer. Skyler Hotze vs. city in North Richland hills $200,000 settlement. APPROVED
2. Deliberate to purchase, exchange, or lease of 6609 Davis Blvd and 6617 Davis Blvd. WAS NOT ADDRESSED.
New Councilman Mike Benton was sworn in.
- Calling the May 6, 2017 city council election authorizing a joint election agreement with other county political subdivisions and contract with Tarrant county for election services.
- Reject all bids received for the NRH2O Beachside Bay cabana project.
3.Consider correcting ordinance to abandon and close portion of Birchwood Drive.
- Request from Arcadia Lane Partners for a special use permit for single family cottage lots less than 40 feet wide in the hometown canal district located at 8800 block of bridge street. This is the new phase that will be going in north of current phase being built, close to NYTEX and Enclave apartments.
22 New cottage lots 35' wide lots. There will be a pedestrian bridge over a new canal that will be built. Canals will have weirs to keep water flowing along with a recirculation pump. Recirculation a
big concern for council to keep mosquito population down. Questions brought up about aquatic plants. No cattails wanted by city council, too difficult to keep under control. Canal will be 2 feet deep ending in a pond about 8-9 feet deep. All HOA maintained by the same HOA of the eastern side of Home Town. Concerns brought up about parking. Canal lots will all be rear entry garages with parking along other streets and Mews with some public parking areas allotted. 39 new townhome lots in this phase. APPROVED.
TO GET ON MY VIP INFORMATION LIST TO PURCHASE A NEW HOME IN HOMETOWN CALL OR TEXT 817-470-8043 OR EMAIL ME AMY@NORTHTEXASSELLERS.COM
2.Request from Birdville ISD to rezone from R2 single family to U(school, church, institution) at 4800 Rufe Snow and 4801 Vance Rd. This is where NRH Middle, Snow Heights elementary and Clyde Zeller's park are located. New middle school almost done, old one torn down and new athletic field to be built in it's place. Proposed digital marquee to go in northwest corner of athletic field. APPROVED.
3.Amendment to table of permitted uses regarding quick service restaurants. Require an SUP approval for C2 and OC zone districts for new quick service restaurants. APPROVED.
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
1. Request from Britton and Ashley New for final plat in Creekside Estates on 1 acre at 8700 block of Stewart Dr and an associated developer agreement for municipal infrastructure costs. APPROVED.
1. Ordinance for temporary speed zone in the construction zone areas of Rufe Snow Drive. Now it will officially be 30 and YOU WILL BE TICKETED FOR SPEEDING IN A CONSTRUCTION ZONE IF CAUGHT. Grading work to begin soon, has a completion date of February 2018. APPROVED.
2. Purchase of property at right of way for Davis/Mid-Cities intersection project in amount of $57,550.68. Need a second parcel still. Construction to begin around September or a little bit afterwards. Paid for out of capital improvements budget. APPROVED.
1.Appointing members to P&Z commission and Capital Improvement Advisory committees. APPROVED.
2. Approve agreement with Dean Electric for design and construction of Northfield Park renovation in amount of $3,850,000. Start in September after summer softball leagues. One year construction anticipation. APPROVED.
3.Approve grant submittal to North Central Texas Council of Governments for Transportation Set-Aside program. Matching grant funds for safe trail and road crossings along our trails and streets. 80% grant with 20% matching funds from the city. Rapid flash beacons, larger signs, 911 spots, sidewalk connections and more. APPROVED.
4. Approve purchase of 46 Zebra Citation writers and printers from CDW Government LLC in amount up to $118,997.00. APPROVED. (SEE ITEM 1 UNDER PUBLIC WORKS!!!)
5. Create and appoint members to NRH Strategic Plan committee. This committee will conduct updates to the comprehensive plan for NRH and plan for the future. I was nominated and approved along with 9 other citizens of NRH, 3 council members and 2 P&Z committee members.
Officer LePenna helped a roadside assistant take care of a stranded motorist, making sure they stayed safe.
Mayor Trevino and Tito Rodriguez received awards from NE Tarrant Chamber of commerce for their outstanding work.
CNE®-Certified Negotiation Specialist
NHS- DFW New Home Specialist
SRS- Seller Representative Specialist
*****************ALL DATA FROM NTREIS MLS FOR NORTH RICHLAND HILLS ONLY AND SPECIFICALLY. INFORMATION DEEMED RELIABLE BUT NOT GUARANTEED. ****************
EVERY HOME IN NORTH RICHLAND HILLS IS DIFFERENT. Price per square footage averages are not a solid way of determining price for your neighborhood. If you would like a SPECIFIC home analysis for what your unique and individual home is worth in this market please call me and I can provide you with data that is tailored specifically to your home.***************************
North Richland Hills, TX, NRH, Birdville ISD, Keller ISD, Amy Steele, Realtor, real estate for sale, homes for sale, North Richland Hills homes for sale, North Richland Hills MLS, North Richland Hills real estate, North Richland Hills agent, North Richland Hills city, North Richland Hills Realtor, RE/MAX Heritage, RE/MAX agent, DFW, Mid-Cities, North Richland Hills schools, North Richland Hills city council, new homes for sale North Richland Hills, Foster Village, Cross Timbers Park, Green
Amy Steele REALTOR ® CNE SRS CNE MRP
Cell: (817) 470-8043
TX License 0620575
Certified Negotiation Expert
Sellers Representative Specialist
New Home Specialist
Military Relocation Professional
Keep North Richland Hills Beautiful Commission member, place 2
NRH Strategic Planning Committee
JP and Associates Realtors
2615 E Southlake Blvd Ste 160
Southlake, TX 76092
Information regarding statistics on housing data provided from NTREIS MLS.